Have you ever heard that song called Sexual Healing? It’s not just a metaphor. Sex can actually heal. It can heal the body and mind and prevent many diseases.
Some say it’s the first medicine ever known to man and should be administered daily. Sounds too good to be true? We will discover the four reasons why a man should have sex everyday.
Lose Weight & Health
Sex produces the same feel-good hormones, such as endorphin and oxytocin, as food does. When you are having sex, your brain feels satisfied and it stops sending signals for you to eat. According to Harvard Medical School, sex ranges from mild to moderate in terms of exercise intensity. [Read: Mistakes Made by Men in Bed While Making Love]. Hugs and sex can improve your blood pressure. Sex reduces diastolic blood pressure, that is, the bottom number while reading blood pressure. Additionally, according to a study published in The American Journal of Cardiology, sex can burn between 85 to 250 calories.
Scientists with New England Research Institute examined the effect of sex on the heart. The study concluded that men are 45 percent less likely to experience cardiovascular diseases. But the study fails to study the effect of sex on a woman’s heart.
Sex is a Symbol of Love
The act of sex spikes the hormone oxytocin; this hormone is responsible for your happiness and love. If your feel your relationship is falling out, there is trust or you’re worried that your partner will stray away, then sex will dispel these doubts. The hormone oxytocin builds trust and brings couples closer, and cupid too.
Sex is also a pain reliever, ten times more effective than typical painkillers: immediately before orgasm, levels of the hormone oxytocin rise by five times, determining a huge release of endorphins. These chemicals calm pain, from a minor headache to arthritis or migraines, and with no secondary effects. Migraines also disappear because the pressure in the brain’s blood vessels is lowered while we have sex. So now we see that actually, a woman’s headache is rather a good reason for having sex, not against it.
Prevents Erectile Dysfunctions
Fifty per cent of men older than 40 suffer from erectile dysfunctions and all young men fear the moment when they won’t be able to get it up any more. The best medicine against impotence is…sex. An erection keeps the blood flowing through your penile arteries, so the tissue stays healthy. Plus, doctors compare an erection to an athletic reflex: the more you train the more capable you are to perform.
Do you still feel vulnerable in bed, especially when you’re naked in front of your partner? Getting comfortable with each other’s bodies is only possible when you indulge in physical intimacy more often. Studies reveal that couples who make love more frequently are likely to feel reassured about themselves in bed.
You don’t need to spend countless hours at the salon or buy expensive creams. It is said that sex is a natural makeup. If you spend 15 minutes in bed daily doing the needful, your cheeks will have a natural glow, lips will be pouty pink and skin will shine like never before. This is due to increased blood flow that brings good nutrients and oxygen to the skin. It also saves you from premature signs of aging as well.
Have a Good Sleep
Studies show that oxytocin released during lovemaking promotes better sleep. Getting a good night’s sleep also brings great benefits, such as blood pressure controlled and healthy weight. The next time you can not get to sleep, your partner can certainly come to your rescue. Furthermore, it appears that oxytocin can reduce pain and increase pain fighting endorphins the body. If it is a headache or PMS, symptoms may improve after you pass under the covers. Post-sex sleep is believed to be restorative that will have rejuvenated the next morning without puffiness or bags under the eyes to complain.
Less Chances of Prostate
Most of the fluid you ejaculate is secreted by the prostate gland. If you stop ejaculating, the fluid stays in the gland, which tends to swell, causing lots of problems. Regular ejaculation will wash those fluids out and ensure the well being of your prostate until old age. Problems may also occur when you suddenly change the frequency of ejaculations.
If you’re spending hundreds of dollars on skin creams every year, you may want to rethink your strategy. Sex can actually make women look 12 years younger than their actual age, a rare courtesy of Royal Edinburgh Hospital in Scotland. Their study was as follows: Judges looked through one-way mirror and estimated ages of the women on the other side. It turns out that women who were perceived as “super-young” went to have sex four times a week on average. And it is no coincidence: Sex has been shown to increase levels of estrogen, a hormone key to a smooth and shiny hair (take that, Botox). So stop stressing out about that new sorta-little development wrinkles on the forehead and jump on the bed instead.
How Sex Make You Look Younger
- A lot of hormones that come into play in sexual relationships, including serotonin, dopamine, prolactin and oxytocin (the cuddle hormone), are responsible for feelings of happiness and relaxation that often result after and help prevent wrinkles by reducing stress levels. Sex also releases growth hormones that rapid cell regeneration and help heal existing sun damage, air pollution, and so on.
- When we orgasm, or sometimes even when we kiss and get touchy-feely with a partner, our brains release a rush of hormones that, among other things, sends collagen production soaring. That keeps skin looking fresh and firm, rather than saggy and dull.
- Hormonal surges hand, the blood circulation is another reason many try to have sex beauty benefits. The heart pumps blood more quickly because of all the excitement and breathlessness, which means that the blood moves more efficiently through the body. Because we are traveling so fast and so close to the skin, it will give you some full lips and healthy glow.
- Another thing increased blood circulation does is transport moisture to the skin faster, making it oh so soft. Since dry, flaky skin can look cracked and time weathered, having smoother skin can shave years off your appearance, too.
- Remember how blood circulation provides the body with moisture more efficiently? It also brings much-needed nutrients to various parts of the body more quickly as well—nutrients responsible for growing tough nails and shiny, thick hair.
- A plethora of hormones that come into play during sex—including serotonin, dopamine, prolactin, and oxytocin (the cuddle hormone)—are responsible for the feelings of bliss and relaxation that often result afterward, and help prevent wrinkles by lowering stress levels. Sex also releases growth hormones that prompt cell regeneration and help heal existing damage from sun, air pollution, and so forth.